Unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial organization with unlimited growth potential. Uniquely positioned to leverage our 20 year history of success globally and launch an agriculture business unit focused on US agriculture. This is an opportunity to help shape the division and be a champion of our microbial technology. Work with growers and channel partners to build a brand in the US, focused on natural solutions which drive plant health. Join our dynamic team of industry professionals. You would be a great fit if you bring:
- Strong customer interactions and knowledge of market that allows for early evaluations of products and introduction of products quickly
- Proven research capacity with strong research and development efforts becoming stronger
- A culture that attracts creative entrepreneurs where we share financial success with creative individuals, thus creating an ideal environment for inventive people
Our newest Product Specialist will focus on our specialty crop portfolio and will be housed out of our corporate office in Kansas City, MO.
Summary/Purpose of Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to champion the SCD product development activities from concept to post-launch to ensure the company has a pipeline of financially robust products that proactively meet customer needs. Responsible for product planning throughout the product lifecycle including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, working with R&D on field trail management, assisting with defining product vision and working closely with the VP of Commercialization –to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. It also includes ensuring each product within the portfolio supports the company’s sales strategy and goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Generate and prioritize SCD products or features by collaborating with Sales, Research and other stakeholders in addition to researching customers, pricing, and data analysis.
- Manage and coordinate product development schedule and projects from product concept phase to post product launch in product life cycle
- Work with Sales, Procurement, Manufacturing Operations and external customers to validate new products or product changes are ready to go to market.
- Lead product launch strategy and execution
- Work in tandem with SCD Commercialization team to develop strategies to drive revenue growth and market share growth for in-line products
- Oversee the preparation of cost analyses and assist in revenue forecasts for products under development
- Oversee the management of field-based product prototypes
- Partner with and work effectively with other functional groups within the company
- Manage project budgets and prepare reports for management
- Collaborate with multiple departments to ensure that changes made to new and existing products stay on track and are communicated internally and externally.
- Determine whether and when to retire or replace a product and plan and execute a successful end-of-life campaign.
- Recommend selling support materials to Marketing for internal and external communication of new and existing products within product lines.
- Collaborates with patent and trademarking to ensure protection of company intellectual property.
- Build and maintain a 3 – 5 year product road map
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, other agriculture related field or equivalent professional experience.
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- 6+ years professional experience in product development, management or marketing activities
- Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge in cannabis, turf, specialty crops, fruit and vegetable production, hydroponics or green house production preferred
- Knowledge of product planning and product introduction principles and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a given time and adhere to timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from various functional areas
- Excellent fiscal management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision-making skills
- Ability to motivate others and collaborate with functional teams
- Owns communication externally with the customer and internally at SCD
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to various personalities
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, determined and goal-oriented
- Champion of SCD Culture
SCD Probiotics offers competitive wages, a business casual work environment, Health, Dental, Vision and other supplemental health plans along with bonus opportunities to its employees.
SCD Probiotics is a drug-free environment and an equal opportunity Employer
Become a part of our fast growing, high energy organization with high potential for advancement. We are team-centric group and introduce eco-friendly, green products to society to better human health and foster a greener environment.