Unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial organization with unlimited growth potential. Uniquely positioned to leverage our 20 year history of success globally and launch an agriculture business unit focused on US agriculture. This is an opportunity to help shape the division and be a champion of our microbial technology. Work with Sales, Operations, Marketing and R&D in the US, focused on natural solutions which drive plant health across specialty crops, row crops, cannabis, turf / ornamental, and livestock operations. Join our dynamic team of industry professionals. You would be a great fit if you bring:
- 5+ yr History of extensive, nationwide field trial design in support of product commercialization efforts and post-commercialization customer support
- Multi-year experience with applying and testing agriculture probiotic / microbial / microbiome technology and its application on-farm and in livestock operations
Our Agriculture Sales Specialist will focus on our current product portfolio and will be report to the head of the Ag Business Unit.
Primary Job Description:
Our Agriculture Technical Application Specialist will focus on our agriculture product portfolio and will be report to the head of SCD’s Ag Business Unit, with dotted line reporting to the head of R&D, and collaborate with other sales team members to provide sales support to industrial farms, influencers and distribution channel. The Technical Application Specialist will work with end-users to help incorporate SCD’s products into their farm operation. Our Technical Application Specialist
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Being the technical champion of our product line throughout the product development and sales cycle with end-users, influencers and channel partners, including:
- Preparing protocols for trial use on-farm, and following trial use throughout cycle to capture necessary data points and results to generate information to inform product use
- Customizing design applications for specific farm needs
- Creating field studies and PD research trials for product launch
- Be the technical lead working with external field trials for field testing
- Accompanying sales team at on-farm meetings and conferences
- Utilizing leads from the sales team, set up product demonstrations to eventually close sales; oversee and lead field days and performance showcases
- Technical representative at key meetings, conferences, etc.
- Confer with clients and operations managers to assess procedures in use and to assess system requirements especially with respect to agricultural operations;
- Explain the technical information of SCD products to clients, answer clients’ technical questions related to SCD products
- Utilizing specific data and reports to inform internal and external stakeholders about the value and performance of our products from a technical perspective:
- Gathering all necessary data points throughout trial cycle
- Completing reports relating to results to inform the end-user, channel, and company
- Informing label and product use guidelines through data generated from on-farm trials
- Participating in company-wide and division-wide training efforts to help internal team better understand products and their utility on-farm
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining SCD’s products or services to existing clients and prospective clients;
- Identify clients’ needs and reveal whether and how SCD products can solve clients’ specific problems in agricultural operation;
- Plan and work with R&D to modify products to meet customer needs;
- Plan and modify application guidelines to meet customer needs;
- Stay abreast of the latest developments and breakthroughs in probiotic products;
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and Excel graphs/charts/analysis
- Demonstrate an interest in SCD product portfolio and desire to support team and company success.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Agronomy, Ag Engineering, other strong science or agriculture related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years of proven success in a technical sales role (preferably microbiome-related) in an Agriculture or related company
- Flexible, can adapt to changes in priorities and be responsive
- Demonstrated expertise in MSOffice products, and CRM (salesforce preferred).
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage supporting a remote-based team with high degree of responsiveness and organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a given time and adhere to timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from various functional areas
- Excellent fiscal management skills
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision-making skills
- Ability to motivate others and collaborate with functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to various personalities
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, determined and goal-oriented
- Champion of SCD Culture
- Willingness to travel: *Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time including overnight stays.
SCD Probiotics offers a competitive compensation structure and benefits structure.
Become a part of our fast growing, high energy organization with potential for advancement. We are a team-centric group working to create and promote eco-friendly products to foster healthy personal and environmental outcomes. SCD Probiotics is a drug-free environment and an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).