Agriculture Business Unit
Varies – Territory based (PNW, CA/AZ, Upper MW, Northeast, South, Midwest)
To apply go to:
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to
Then, answer the questions found in this link:
Your application will be considered once all documents are received and you have completed the online questionnaire. If you have trouble completing the questionnaire, please email HR@scdprobiotics.com for assistance.
Unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial organization with unlimited growth potential. Uniquely positioned to leverage our 20 year history of success globally and launch an agriculture business unit focused on US agriculture. This is an opportunity to help shape the division and be a champion of our microbial technology. Work with growers, livestock operators, and channel partners to grow sales in the US, focused on natural solutions which drive plant health across specialty crops, row crops, cannabis, turf / ornamental, and livestock operations. Join our dynamic team of industry professionals. You would be a great fit if you bring:
- Strong customer interactions and knowledge of the agriculture market that allows for quick adoption and sales growth of our existing product line and new products coming to
- Established channel, grower, operator, and influencer relationships within agriculture
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales objectives in agriculture sales, preferably bio-based product lines (crop production or livestock production)
Our Agriculture Sales Specialist will focus on our current product portfolio and will be report to the head of the Ag Business Unit.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Grow revenue by championing our product line through the sales cycle to, including:
- Managing the sales cycle from prospecting through selling (gain trial use and sales of our product line) so that we acquire new customers and channel partners to grow sales
- Establishing sustainable key relationships with retailers, distribution, growers/operators/end-users, and influencers within assigned territory.
- Actively employing a customer segmentation strategy to prioritize sales opportunities and manage net income by executing customer development activities required to achieve growth targets, increase revenue and maximize margin.
- Utilizing innovative communication tools to improve grower, operator, and dealer awareness of SCD products.
- Developing and utilizing a sales plan to grow revenue, providing forecasting and utilizing company CRM.
- Actively implementing and promoting marketing programs and campaigns
- Attending trade shows, conferences, and other key customer events to showcase and generate interest for our product line
- Be the voice of the customer by partnering with marketing and R&D to bring new product ideas to market – involving:
- Collaboration with R&D in developing and managing research and field trials focused on key growth objectives across geography
- Identifying and providing feedback on product improvement and new product development opportunities consistent with customer needs
- Attending regular Marketing and Sales meetings to provide market intelligence from within the territory to the internal marketing and support team as requested.
- Identifying channel and customer education program needs. Participate in development and execution of education programs.
- Assisting in planning and forecasting product movement to facilitate operations.
- Communicate and collaborate across departments and participate in planning, including:
- Collaborate to develop, implement, update and report on sales and marketing plans for the territory including planning, promotions, equipment strategies and
budget preparation at company sales and marketing meetings.
- Supports internal database development through CRM (Contact Relationship Management) software.
- Communicate effectively using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations and comfortable with public speaking and making PowerPoint presentations to retailers, distribution, growers/end-users, and industry.
- Perform all duties with the highest level of integrity.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, other agriculture related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 6+ years of proven success as a sales agronomist or in an Agriculture sales related role
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Demonstrated superior territory sales and management skills and expertise
- Consistently developed and executed plans to maximize sales potential
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a given time and adhere to timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from various functional areas
- Excellent fiscal management skills
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision-making skills
- Ability to motivate others and collaborate with functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to various personalities
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, determined and goal-oriented
- Champion of SCD Culture
- Willingness to travel: *Must be able to travel >50% of the time, some with overnight stays.
SCD Probiotics offers a competitive compensation structure that includes health, vision and dental insurance, PTO, and other traditional benefits. Company vehicle or car allowance will be provided. Clear driving record required.
Become a part of our fast growing, high energy organization with potential for advancement. We are a team-centric group working to create and promote eco-friendly products to foster healthy personal and environmental outcomes. SCD Probiotics is a drug-free environment and an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).