Agriculture Sales Support Specialist
Agriculture Business Unit
1710 Walnut Street, Kansas City, MO 64108
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to
Then, answer the questions found in this link:
Your application will be considered once all documents are received and you have completed the online questionnaire. If you have trouble completing the questionnaire, please email HR@scdprobiotics.com for assistance.
Unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial organization with unlimited growth potential. Uniquely positioned to leverage our 20 year history of success globally and launch an agriculture business unit focused on US agriculture. This is an opportunity to help shape the division and be a champion of our microbial technology. Work with sales and marketing team in the US, focused on natural solutions which drive plant health across specialty crops, row crops, cannabis, turf / ornamental, and livestock operations. Join our dynamic team of industry professionals. You would be a great fit if you bring:
- History of supporting a dynamic and remote-based sales and marketing team and management, including customer support and inside sales and meeting follow up
- Strong organizational skills and experience including CRM maintenance and report generation, MS PowerPoint presentation development and design
- Agriculture background and/or experience
Our Agriculture Sales Specialist will focus on our current product portfolio and will be report to the head of the Ag Business Unit.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Supporting Sales, Marketing and Management staff to ensure a smooth-running, organized team including:
- Preparing information, gathering and shipping product samples and materials for marketing campaigns and trade shows, conferences, and other key customer events to showcase and generate interest for our product line
- Actively maintaining a CRM (input, report generation, etc) for the sales team
- Actively maintaining a SharePoint containing marketing materials, other team files as needed
- Assisting with social media campaigns and response as requested during key marketing campaigns
- Assist with sales meeting material development as requested
- Making travel arrangements and completing expense reports, other company reports for sales, marketing and management team
- Helping with customer outreach and response as needed
- Attending trade shows, grower meetings, other off-site meetings on occasion
- Scheduling, attending, maintaining follow-up notes, agendas and meeting notes for Marketing and Sales meetings on a weekly basis
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations and excel graphs/charts/analysis
- Demonstrates interest in SCD product portfolio and desire to support team and company success.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy, Business, other agriculture related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of proven success as a sales support specialist in an Agriculture or related company
- Flexibile, can adapt to changes in priorities and be responsive
- Demonstrated expertise in MSOffice products, and CRM (salesforce preferred).
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage supporting a remote-based team with high degree of responsiveness and organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a given time and adhere to timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals from various functional areas
- Excellent fiscal management skills
- Excellent problem solving, planning and decision-making skills
- Ability to motivate others and collaborate with functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to various personalities
- Professional verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic, determined and goal-oriented
- Champion of SCD Culture
- Willingness to travel: *Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time including overnight stays.
SCD Probiotics offers a competitive compensation structure and benefits structure.
Become a part of our fast growing, high energy organization with potential for advancement. We are a team-centric group working to create and promote eco-friendly products to foster healthy personal and environmental outcomes. SCD Probiotics is a drug-free environment and an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).